Online classes give you the flexibility to access your course content when it is convenient for you. Before start working in your online courses, please review the information in the modules below. This page works best when using an up-to-date version of Firefox or Google Chrome.
1. Activate your My MATC Account
- New students - You must activate your MATC network account before you can login to your MATC Gmail and Blackboard. You will need your 7 digit MATC ID number, found on your Stormer Card or class schedule, to activate your account.
- Returning Students - If you do not remember what your My MATC username or password is, go to the online Password Manager and use the "Forgotten Username" or "Forgotten Password" tool.
2. Log into your MATC Gmail
Your MATC Gmail account is
your primary means of communication between the school, your teacher, and you. Also, through your school Gmail account, you have
access to Google Drive, a suite of free tools you can use to create documents and store files.
Resources to Help You Get Started
3. Update Your Rave Alert Contact Preferences
MATC uses the Rave Alert system to notify students in the event of an emergency and/or school closing.
Although all students are automatically added to the system, you must update your desired contact methods (Phone numbers, Email addresses, SMS Text numbers). You may specify multiple contact methods.
4. Review the Online Blackboard Orientation
5. Review Your Technical Skills and Computer Requirements
Take the Technical Skills Self Assessment to determine if you have the skills needed for online coursework. We also recommend reviewing these guides to prepare your computer:
6. Log into Blackboard
Please be sure you are able to log into Blackboard so that problems can be resolved prior to the start of the semester.
- Usernames and Passwords - Everyone will log into Blackboard using their text-character My MATC network account username and password. It will be the same username and password you use to log into MATC computers, Gmail, and the myMATC portal.
- Are You Having Login Problems? - On the Blackboard home page, click the "Need Log in Help" link for information about usernames, passwords, and contacting the Help Desk for assistance.
7. Course Availability
- When Will My Classes Appear in Blackboard? - Classes will NOT appear in Bb until the day after you register and when the instructor has made the class available to students. If you do not see your course by the official start date of class, please contact your instructor. Your instructor's contact information can be found by reviewing your course information in INFOnline.
- "You are Not Enrolled in Any Classes" Message - If you see this message in Blackboard, it does not mean that you are not registered for classes. It just means that your course(s) have not yet been made available by your instructor. All online classes will be made available by the instructor by the start date.
- Online and Face-to-Face Classes - All courses taught online will use Blackboard, but instructors who teach on campus may choose to use Blackbaord to provide students with a syllabus and other resources.
8. Visit the MATC Bookstore Website
Because your course syllabus may not be available until the first day of class, we recommend visiting the MATC Bookstore website to see what books and supplies you may need for your classes.
9. Review Student Support Site Tutorials
The Student Blackboard Support Site is your source for how-to guides and troubleshooting tips. You can find this site by clicking the "Student Support" tab in Blackboard. We recommend viewing these basic activities:
10. Review Academic Standards of Success and Support Options