Logging into Blackboard
Blackboard is an easy-to-use online course management system that is available 24/7. Using Blackboard, your instructors can post educational content and assessments to course Web pages for you to access by logging in with your student account.
Please note: Once you have been enrolled in a course it will take a minimum of 24 hours from the time your enrollment for your Blackboard account to become active.
Where do I Find Blackboard?
- Go to the MATC homepage (www.matc.edu)
- In the blue "My MATC" menu on the left side of the page, click on the Blackboard link.
- This will take you to the Blackboard login screen.
What is My Login Information?
To log into Blackboard, you must know your 7-digit student ID and default Blackboard password. Your student ID number is found on your class schedule or on your Stormers ID card. If you do not have a copy of your class schedule, you can print another using the INFOnline link on the MATC Homepage.
- Username: Your 7 digit Student ID (Example: 0000123).
- Password: Your default password, which may follow one of the following formulas:
- First letter of your first name + first letter of your last name + 2-digit month and 2-digit day of birth + two zeroes (00) (Example: John Smith, born on July 1 = JS070100).
- If your login is unsuccessful, you may not have given the college your birth date when you registered; in this case your password is your first and last initials followed by 9999 (Example: JS9999).
If you experience difficulty with logging into Blackboard, please call the Helpdesk at (414)-297-6541. Only the Helpdesk can resolve a login problem.
Also, it is important to be sure you are using Blackboard compatible Web browser. ISP specific web browsers, such as America Online and MSN are not compatible with Blackboard and may produce various login error messages.
Every 120 days your password for Blackboard and network computers will expire. You will receive an email at your MATC gmail account warning you at 15 days, 5 days and 3 days. A Student can change his or her Blackboard password by visiting the Password Manager link on Blackboard's login page..
Prior to using this service, you will be asked to create two "Challenge Questions" the first time you login. You should provide two questions and answers to which only you will know. In the event you forget your Blackboard password, these questions and answers will be used to verify your identity and will allow you to change your password.
If you have forgotten your password but have never used the Password Manager before, you will need to contact Helpdesk at (414)-297-6541 for assistance.