Browser Guide Menu
Supported Web Browsers
To help prepare your computer for online learning at MATC, we recommend reviewing this guide to supported browsers as well as the Minimum Computer Requirements page.
Choosing a Supported Web Browser
The Blackboard Learning Management System performs best in browsers that have been tested and found to be compatible with its interactive, dynamic, and secure features.
Supported Browsers for PC or Mac
Unsupported Browsers - Do not use with Blackboard
- Windows 8, Linux, or Ubuntu operating systems
- Internet Explorer 10, Internet Exporer 7 or lower, Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or lower, or Safari 3 or lower
- Mobile Web browsers on iPad, Palm, iPhone, or other mobile device
- Any version of Safari on Windows
- Opera, AOL, CompuServe, or other non-supported browsers
You may encounter technical difficulties if you use an unsupported browser. You may install a supported browser from the above links.
A Few Words about Blackboard and Mobile Devices
Web browsers from tablets and mobile devices may not be compatible with Blackboard; not all course content will be available!
- The Web browser on your device is a stripped-down mobile version of what you’d find on a regular desktop or laptop computer.
- This type of browser does not have full Java compatibility, causing some Blackboard features to not work in their entirety.
- Students can download the Blackboard Mobile Learn or MATC 2 Go app for performing certain tasks on a mobile device.
How to Detect What Browser You are Using
To determine what browser and version you are using, either use our Browser Tester tool or perform the following steps with your browser open:
- At the top of the Web browser window, click the "Help" menu link.
- From the Help menu that appears, click "About".
- The version name and number of your browser should appear.